3.27.2008

Better, Skinnier, Happier: The Memes of the Spring

What have we learned thus far from Nebraska's one-practice old spring session? That everyone was fat and unhappy last year.

At least it seems that way based on the memes of the spring:

"The thing about me is, when you tell me you're going to do something, I expect you to do it. Once you don't, I just kind of don't have any trust in you. We had a few situations like that, and I never got an explanation for it, where he'd come up to me and say, I did this for this reason."

Very similar to the comments Slauson had made earlier in the week regarding his playing time. As Husker Mike noted, we're finally starting to see how much of a clusterf*** the whole thing was last year.

My question is this: is there value in that sort of revelation? Both for the team and the fans?

Personally, I always enjoy a good shot to the Callahan ribs and rarely miss the opportunity to take one, but what about everyone else?

Is it worth the effort to rehash this stuff just so we can all sort of nod and say, "See, I knew they weren't having any fun/didn't believe in the staff/were too pudgy to really put it in gear/were so swamped in terminology/(your self-affirming notion here) to be any good!"

I'm not entirely convinced that it is, which frightens me because I think that means I'm officially asking the players to get back to more platitudes, "last year's behind us we're just looking ahead blah blah blah," and I've never wanted that.

What do you think? Keep the confession session going or keep on truckin'?

No comments: