5.24.2008

God Bless Alabama - The Best 3 Minutes in Sports Talk Radio

When I saw that Orson from EDSBS.com was going to be on Paul Finebaum's radio show to talk about blogging and Buzz Bissinger yelling, I made a point to go and download the podcast of that interview. While I was interested in the discussion at hand I was probably more interested to hear Finebaum, the noted Alabama provocateur in Warren St. John's Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer, actually rile some people up. (Supposedly, that's what he does.)

I was not disappointed, but it wasn't Orswon Swindle who was on the end of the prod, it was a man by the name of Charles, or rather Chawles, and it just might be the best call to a radio show I've ever heard.

Here are some out of context quotes from my new favorite football fan in the US to entice you to listen:

"Hey, Paul...you know what you need?"

"Forget that point, I got another point now."

"I got more class in my redneck than you got in your whole body."

"Awww, man, you couldn't handle it."

"Oh, you'll remember it. You WILL remember it."

"Ya'll done got me stirred up now."

"I ain't got no wife, Paul."

Here's the clip:




There aren't a lot of places that take their football more seriously than Nebraska. Alabama is one of those places.

No comments: