6.08.2008

Thanks Trev. No Really!


For better and worse, Trev Alberts isn't afraid to speak his mind and you can never really fault that. While I've taken exception with some of his statements over the years the following quote about the Sandhills for this excellent Rany York piece is pretty damn excellent:

The Sandhills have a way of chaning your perspective. You feel so small out there. The Dismal golf course we played goes on forever. You can't see civilization. You can't see the hole. You can't see people. You can't see houses. You can't see anything but beautiful, rolling hills and a sky that doesn't quit. You feel a little vulnerable. It would humble almost anybody. You realize how dependent those people are who live out there with the weather and the conditions. At night, it's the quietest place I've ever been, and the darkest place I've ever seen. I'd describe that golf course as pure, unspoiled serenity.


"You can't see people."

"At night, it's the quietest place I've ever been and the darkest place I've ever seen."

Yep, that pretty much describes it.

Well done, sir. Well done.

No comments: