2.17.2007

Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo

Two interesting uni-related posts I happened across today:

The Good

From the D.C. Sports Blog, check out the Gilbert Arenas jersey one of his readers snagged on Valentine's day. Of course it's not your standard Wizards jersey...that would be awful by nature. Rather, it's a Washington Nationals jersey with Arenas' name and number on the back.

I love this idea. Genius in its simplicity and I'm shocked I haven't seen it elsewhere. (Outside of the WGN broadcast booth, that is.) While I probably shouldn't be wearing jerseys at this point in my life, if you were to offer me a Zambrano #38 Bulls jersey or a Hester #23 Cubs jersey, I'm pretty sure I couldn't turn it down.

The Bad & The Ugly

While the guys over at Goat Riders have expressed their love for it, I absolutely hate the Cubs new batting practice caps. I fear this is just the first step in the NFL-ization of hats which has severly hampered my ability to watch the pro game.
The sandwich bill I can live with but the little red gussets above the ear look positively ridiculous, like a Little Leaguer with his ears tucked into his hatband or something. And what's with the white 'C'?
If I wanted a crappy Cubs hat I've got about 150 options available to me at Lids. No need for MLB to promote another one.

No comments: