2.17.2007

Let the debauchery begin...


And we're off. Forget about Flay v. Carrot Top, the NBA has officially arrived in Las Vegas now that we've had our first appearance by Vegas impersonators.


Say what you will about the downfall of this event, it's still the only All-Star skills challenge that's worth watching. Sure the dunk contest only has four contestants who do 2-minute dance routines, but I'm still excited to see Gerald Green. It could be the lone bright spot for the Celtics this year.

Meanwhile, the 3-point contest lost a little luster when Kyle Korver chose charity over attending the greatest weekend in NBA history. He'll be in Omaha tonight signing bobbleheads instead of on the Strip going head-to-head with Gil. I hope it helps Creighton slay the Dragons because I'm not sure it's the choice I would've made and I'd hate to see all that magnanimity go to waste.

In fact, they should probably just give Korver the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award right now. I feel pretty strongly about this. It's about 29-degrees in Omaha right now, you know what it is in Las Vegas? It's who the hell cares, the NBA All-Stars are in town.

No comments: