3.22.2007

The Morning Walk-thru - Durant don't come for free

Man, that was close...I've been a little concerned about the Celtics lately. First they go off and beat the Spurs, in San Antonio no less, for the first time since Tim Duncan entered the league. Then last night they go up on Charlotte 54-39 at the half in a game they had to lose. The Celtics are 3 games back of Memphis in the race for last place and Charlotte is nipping at their heels.

But then Boston started being Boston again and gave up 30 points while only tallying 13 of their own in the fourth quarter and falling 92-84 at home.

That's more like it. I didn't actually watch the second half as I was too distraught after the first, but I'd like to think that the crowd just held up placards that collectively formed a giant photo of Kevin Durant and the Celtics got the message.

Don't blow this for us Doc.

Where can I get a refurbished Nintendo?...The much anticipated third installment of Brad Bortone's Bats and Bytes series examining video game baseball is here. We're talking about the Nintendo era at this point and I'd give anything to play Bases Loaded right now.

Actually, that's not true. I'm sure I could probably just go to Google and within minutes be playing a version of the game online, but I'm not willing to do that. It's just not the same without the rectangle controller.

Oh I'm Shameless!...Speaking of Bugs & Cranks, my first post for them is up now. I'm quite excited to be contributing to the site and the writing there is truly top notch.

Traffic Cop...In a bit of site traffic news, I got my first referral from my sponsorship of Michael Barrett which was more exciting for the fact that someone actually looked up Barrett's stats.

Also, someone reached hiplainsdrifter.com by entering the Google search "Dana Altman leaving Creighton." This nearly gave me a heart attack but the good news is, I couldn't find any supporting evidence anywhere. Not even on my own site.

No comments: