3.14.2007

The Only Headline Manny Gakou is Likely to Get

Self-aggrandizement is so sexy.

When you are offered the opportunity to contribute to the best new sports blog on the phonelines (never became the electronic version of "airwaves" like I thought it would and now dial-up is dead...sigh), you say "YES." When the man doing the tapping is NGS 1 winner, Ty Hildenbrandt, and he's asking you to write about your team's chances in the Big Dance, well, you pour your heart and soul into it.

I did that, or at least I tried to, with a post on Creighton's chances against Nevada for QuickSlants.com.

In a startling bit of coincidence, I used to turn 3-yard quick slants into long touchdowns in high school all the time. I was the Jerry Rice of Nebraska Class C-1 football for four years, so just typing in the address for Ty's site is as joyous as caressing the leather sleeves of my letterman's jacket.

If you have no such delusional word association, just check out the site for the quality writing like this piece about the annoying nature of ESPN's Tournament Challenge set-up.

No comments: